A&W Papa Burger RecipeIngredients
- 1/4 pound Ground Chuck
- 1 large Sesame Seed Hamburger Bun
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Heinz Hamburger Relish (the red stuff)
- 1/4 cup chopped Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 slices Pickles
- 1 slice American Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise with the relish to make the "secret sauce". Set aside.
- On waxed paper, form the 1/5 pound beef patty. It should be about 1/4 inch thick and 5 inches in diameter. Freeze at least an hour.
- Fire up and preheat the grill or indoor electric grill.
- Toast the buns by laying them face down on the grill for 30-60 seconds.
- Cook the frozen beef patty about 2 minutes per side. Salt and pepper liberally on both sides as it is cooking.
- Dress your toasted top buns (crown) in the following order:
- Special sauce
- Lettuce Cheese
- Place the cooked beef patty on top of the dressed bun, and add the bottom.
- Microwave about 10 seconds - or, if you are outside, wrap the completed burgers in aluminum foil and heat on your grill's warming rack for a minute or two.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from A&W...
...PLUS All of Your Other Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Papa Burger Combo is by Tom Spaulding - http://tspauld.blogspot.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License.